Periodontal gum disease is the leading cause of tooth loss in adults, but that does not mean it cannot be prevented. As long as you continue to care for your teeth and gums on a daily basis, the ravaging effects of the disease can be wiped out completely. You do not have to fight the battle alone. Professional cleanings, given as directed by our dentists here at Red Mountain Family Dental, can do wonders for keeping gum disease at bay. Keep your eye out for the following symptoms:
– If you have any difficulty speaking or experience pains when chewing, gum disease may be present.
– Gum disease over time will loosen teeth from the gums. Be aware of any loose or sensitive teeth you may have.
– Check your gums to see if they have receded, or appear to be pulled back from the teeth.
– If your teeth move, change location, or your bite alignment changes, the tissue in your mouth may be wearing down from gum disease.
– Constant bad breath or bad taste in your mouth could be a sign of gum disease.
– Look for red, swollen, or extremely tender gums that appear. If the gums bleed easily or constantly, it may be a sign of gum disease.
Gum disease can be prevented if you know what to look for. If you wish to come in for an oral exam, please make an appointment with Dr. Scott Josephson and Dr. Timothy Yu by contacting our fantastic dentists at Red Mountain Family Dental at 480-641-4165. You can also stop by our office in Mesa, Arizona. Take down gum disease today, and enjoy tomorrow with a smile!