We tend to get easily caught up in bad habits. Some may be done consciously, while others are done without us even being aware of them. You may often think about what food will do to your waist, but what it can do to your oral health is just as important. Although a specific food may give you a feeling of satisfaction, it is often only temporary. It can easily lead to health problems down the road, which will bring nothing but dissatisfaction. Below is a list of 10 common habits you may be doing that can damage your teeth:
– Do you ever chew on pens, pencils, or other objects?
– Do you ever have snacks in between meals?
– Do you ever open things with your teeth?
– Do you play contact sports without a mouth guard?
– Do you drink sports drinks or processed juices?
– Do you ever chew on hard candy?
– Do you ever chew on ice cubes?
– Are you a binge eater?
– Do you grind your teeth when you sleep?
– Do you have a tongue piercing?
If you answered yes to any of the above 10 questions, your habits are damaging your teeth.
If you answered no to all 10 questions, congratulations! You are on the right track to oral hygiene superstardom!
Even the worst of habits can be eradicated if you are willing to strive for a healthier you. If you would like to know more about what you can do to protect your teeth, please make an appointment by contacting Dr. Scott Josephson and Dr. Timothy Yu at Red Mountain Family Dental via phone at 480-641-4165. You can also stop by our office in Mesa, Arizona. Our dentists are here to help. We look forward to hearing from you soon!